Wednesday, January 10, 2007

down with the flu

ok, so it had to happen I guess. Since we arrived there was talk of a nasty flu virus in Colombo, carried by mosquitos and wiping people out for up to four weeks. I tried to avoid it by drowning my skin in horrible 50% DEET repellent, and seemed to be doing ok. Until last weekend that is. It began with Leah's mum, Neela, who came down with symptons over lunch time on the Saturday. That evening was Zarook's birthday party with loads of their close friends coming over specially. I was ok during the party, though my hips and back had been a bit achey, but when I lay down to go to bed suddenly I got the shivers and it all went down hill from there. I cannot attempt to describe how bad the aches and pains have been, but it's like every single mustle has been stretched and pulled and worked to it's limit. Today I'm feeling a lot better, though still very week. Leah's sister Tasha came down with it shortly after me, and then Leah got it too a day or so later. Hopefully we're all coming out the other side now.....

And there I was thinking how great it was spending the winter in the tropical sun and avoiding all those horrible colds that seem inevidable in London...

No comments: