Monday, January 07, 2008

Happy New Year!

Ok, so we're a week into it, but then I've been very busy with all the parties here - getting married, er, three events for that! - Leah's birthday, Zarook's 2nd 30th - so young and handsome to boot. It's been the most amazing end to 2007 and a fantastic start to 2008. Check Sami and Mer's blog for some descriptions and photos, I'll post more of mine later...I'm on a Mac so no Picasa at the moment - please google, sort us out a Mac version!

I'm really looking forward to this year - Factory have given me an opportunity to try and really make a difference with sustainable design and I've a new path to establish with that one. Exciting and daunting too.

So for 2008 I want to:
  • Surf more
  • bike more
  • read more
  • cook more
  • grow some of my own food
  • shop local - farmer's markets rule!
  • climb more
  • play more music
  • take more photos
  • spend more time with my family
  • blog more
  • make more of a difference
  • live the life I love
Being married has been fantastic so far, Leah and I are closer than ever, it feels natural and great! We had the most amazing wedding ever, the beach was beautiful, the sunset red and stunning, the people wonderful....everything about it was just awesome.

New year was also great - all our friends down at Hikaduwa beach, 'angin' out and causin' trouble. Some great surf to be had there too - almost felt like I was getting somewhere again. Man, it's so nice to bod up and down in the warm indian ocean with turtles popping up for air every so often.... going to be hard back in the Atlantic!

Then an awesome 'home-coming' reception, where Leah and I got to enter riding on palanquins, with a procession of traditional dancers and women throwing flowers at our feet. Oh, and an elephant!

So I've a week left to sort our selves out and enjoy this wonderful family before heading back to London. 2007 was such an amazing year - here's to topping it with 2008!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you back in the uk?

Unknown said...

nah, not back till Saturday or Sunday morning!